Pennsylvania's employment and training programs are designed to help you start and succeed on your career pathway.
What is a Career Pathway?
Your career pathway is a combination of valuable education, training, and other services that will:
- Prepare you for getting your GED, attending college, and/or completing an apprenticeship
- Support you in achieving your personal, educational, and career goals
- Equip you with industry skills that are needed in the workforce
- Help you enter into or advance within your desired career field
What programs can I participate in?
There are several types of employment and training programs available. You may be able to participate in one or more of these programs depending on the benefits you receive, your personal situation, challenges to employment, education level, work experience, job skills, and location in the commonwealth. Available programs are listed below:
- Work Ready
- SNAP EARN
- Keystone Education Yields Success (KEYS)
- SNAP KEYS
- Education Leading to Employment and Career Training (ELECT)
- SNAP 50/50
- Refugee Resettlement Program
What does participation look like for me?
If you are receiving any of the benefits below, you may be able to volunteer, or it could be mandatory to participate in employment and training programs. Talk to your caseworker about what program is best for you.
DISCLAIMER ABOUT PROGRAM LOCATION FOR PARTICIPANTS: Your assigned program provider may not be the closest provider to you geographically.