DHS COVID-19 PROVIDER RESOURCES // OMAP
CHIP Policy Clarification 2020-04:
COVID-19 Response: Pharmacies May Override Early Refill
Alerts for Medications
Updated: June 21, 2021; Issued: April 9, 2020
To issue guidance for COVID-19 Response: Pharmacies May Override Early Refill Alerts for
Effective March 13, 2020, in response to COVID-19, CHIP enrollees may obtain early refills of
MCOs are to advise their pharmacy suppliers that the dispensing pharmacy may override the
“too early to fill” alert for early refill at the pharmacy point-of-sale.
- Review the information in this policy with appropriate staff.
- Implement this policy clarification immediately.
- This policy clarification will remain in effect while a valid disaster declaration authorized by the Governor related to the COVID-19 virus remains in effect. The OOC may re-issue this policy clarification as appropriate.
- Questions concerning this clarification should be directed to J. Diane Brannon-Nordtomme at
(717) 585-2462 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.