DHS COVID-19 PROVIDER RESOURCES // ODP
ODP Announcement 20-069:
2020-2021 Waivers Cap Exceptions Guidance
For the Person/Family Directed Support and Community Living Waivers
Updated: September 30, 2020
The purpose of this communication is to provide updated guidance to Individual Support Planning Teams on the criteria for requesting a cap exception for the Person/Family Directed Support (P/FDS) and Community Living Waivers.
On May 11, 2020 the Office of Developmental Programs (ODP) published Fiscal Year (FY) 2020-2021 Renewal Guidance. As individuals begin to participate in activities in the community following the response to the COVID-19 pandemic, ODP recognizes that services may not be available at the same capacities and locations as they were prior to the COVID-19 pandemic.
For instance, Community Participation Support (CPS) facility providers will be expected to operate within new guidelines which may limit their capacity to serve individuals at levels prior to the COVID-19 pandemic. For an individual to receive the support they need, the Individual Support Plan (ISP) may need to be revised. For example, CPS 1:1 may need to be extended or other services may need to be identified to replace CPS 1:1 service.
ODP will continue allowing additional P/FDS and Community Living Waiver cap exceptions consistent with the following guidance:
- CPS facility units may be re-allocated among CPS Facility, CPS Community, In-Home and Community Supports, Companion and/or Respite services
- The cap exception is needed because of any other change in service as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic.
- All cap exception changes must include documentation of why the impact of COVID-19 resulted in the need for the cap exception.
- The federal approval to grant COVID-19 related cap exceptions currently expires on March 10, 2021, so absent a further extension, FY 2021-22 individual plans must be within established caps for the P/FDS and Community Living waivers. In preparation for the expiration of the COVID-19 related cap exceptions, teams should meet prior to March of 2021 to discuss plan changes that will be necessary to ensure that FY 2021-22 plans are within established caps for P/FDS and Community Living Waiver.
In order to request a FY 20-21 cap exception as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, please complete the attached template and submit to your Regional Waiver Capacity Manager.
Please direct any questions about this announcement to your respective regional
|Central Region Office|
- Adams/York, Bedford/Somerset, Blair, Cambria, Centre, Columbia/Montour/Union/Snyder, Cumberland/Perry, Dauphin, Franklin/Fulton, Huntingdon/Mifflin/Juniata, Lancaster, Lebanon, Lycoming/Clinton, Northumberland
|Northeast Region Office|
- Berks, Bradford/Sullivan, Carbon/Monroe/Pike, Lehigh, Luzerne/Wyoming, Northampton, Schuylkill, Susquehanna/Lackawanna, Tioga, Wayne
|Southeast Region Office|
Chester, Delaware, Montgomery, Philadelphia
|Western Region Office|
Allegheny, Armstrong/Indiana, Beaver, Butler, Cameron/Elk, Clarion, Clearfield/Jefferson, Crawford, Erie, Fayette, Forest/Warren, Greene, Lawrence, McKean, Mercer, Potter, Venango, Washington, Westmoreland.