School-Based ACCESS Program
Local education agencies must first enroll as a provider in the Medical Assistance program through the Pennsylvania Department of Human Services (DHS) in order to participate in the School-Based ACCESS Program, also known as SBAP.
Provider Type (PT) 35 — Public School is the Medical Assistance enrollment applicable for participating in the SBAP.
Local education agencies eligible to enroll
- School districts
- Charter schools
- Intermediate units
- Vocational-technical schools
- Preschool early intervention programs
- Direct services and special transportation claiming
- Medicaid Administrative Claiming (MAC)
- Random Moment Time Studies (RMTS)
- Annual cost reconciliation and settlement
Allowable health-related services
- Assistive technology devices
- Audiology services
- Hearing-impaired services
- Nursing services
- Nurse practitioner services
- Occupational therapy services
- Orientation, mobility and vision services
- Personal care services
- Physical therapy services
- Physician services
- Psychiatric services
- Psychological services
- Social work services
- Special transportation services
- Speech and language services
FY 2020-2021 Fall Training Materials
For questions about training session content, please contact DHS' vendors at SBAPsupport@pcgus.com or PAsupport@sivicsolutionsgroup.com.
DHS utilizes third-party contractors to help administer the SBAP statewide and assist participating education agencies.
Prescribed vs. Documented Services
The units of service billed must be equal or less than the units of service authorized on the Medical Practitioner Authorization Form (MPAF). The EasyTrac system does not have an edit check to ensure the units of service equal the units of service authorized but has the ability for the provider to be able to see the duration and frequency of each related service as they are logged. Use the document below for instructions on how EasyTrac can assist you in order to be in compliance with the MA Program. Prescribed Services in an IEP vs Documented Services in EasyTrac
Random Moment Time Study Compliance
LEAs answer the following question: "What best practice(s) have you utilized to overcome the challenges of staff participation in RMTS?"