Long-Term Care Providers
Act 24 Cost Report Forms
Act 24 Payments
Act 24 Additional Resources
Abuse, Neglect, Abandonment,
and Financial Exploitation
Ensuring the health and safety of program participants is one of the waiver assurances required by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services. Additionally, state laws are in place requiring service coordinators and direct service providers to report abuse, neglect, abandonment and financial exploitation. Office of Long-Term Living (OLTL) service coordinators and direct service providers are mandatory reporters under the law.
Adult Protective Services
- To report the need for protective services, call the 24-hour statewide Protective Services Hotline at 1-800-490-8505.
In 2010, the Adult Protective Services Law, Act 70 of 2010, was enacted to provide protective services to adults between 18 and 59 years of age who have a physical or mental impairment that substantially limits one or more major life activities. The law establishes a program of protective services in order to detect, prevent, reduce and eliminate abuse, neglect, exploitation, and abandonment of adults in need. Learn more about Adult Protective Services.
Older Adults Protective Services
- Statewide Elder Abuse Hotline: 1-800-490-8505.
The Department of Aging is responsible for oversight and implementation of the Older Adults Protective Services Act for individuals over the age of 60.
Waiver Participant Informational Materials
In order to ensure consistent information throughout each county, OLTL requires all Service Coordination agencies to provide standardized materials to all waiver participants. These materials have been translated from English into the following languages: Chinese (Simplified), Khmer (Cambodian), Russian, Spanish, and Vietnamese. View corresponding bulletins relating to this material.
OLTL HCBS Provider Handbook
The Provider Handbook (updated version coming soon) outlines applicable programs, policies, and procedures for all providers serving participants in OLTL HCBS Programs.
Financial Management Services
Financial Management Services are available to participants who receive participant-directed services in the Aging, Attendant Care, Community Care (Commcare), Independence and Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act (OBRA) waivers or the Act 150 program. For participants that choose to direct their services, a Vendor Fiscal Employer Agent (VF/EA) organization acts as the employer agent on behalf of the participant. The fiscal support services include administrative payroll functions such as the management of federal and state income tax withholding and employment taxes and locality taxes, processing direct care worker timesheets, brokering worker's compensation insurance policies, and preparing and distributing financial reports.
OLTL Home HCBS Regulations and Rates
On May 19, 2012, the Long-Term Living Home and Community-Based Service Regulation went into effect. The following documents contain the regulation as it appears in the Pennsylvania Bulletin and instructions on billing for services. The OLTL Billing Instructions Bulletin contains information on quarter-hour unit billing, billable and non-billable activities for service coordinators, and new rates.
MA Fee Schedule Rates
•OLTL HCBS Rates May 26, 2020
•OLTL HCBS Rates January 1, 2020
•OLTL HCBS Rates July 1, 2018
• OLTL HCBS Rates October 1, 2017
• OLTL HCBS Rates December 1, 2016
• OLTL HCBS Rates November 19, 2016
• OLTL HCBS Rates January 1, 2016
• OLTL HCBS Rates October 28, 2015
• OLTL HCBS Rates July 1, 2014
• OLTL HCBS Rates January 26, 2013
• OLTL HCBS Rates June 1, 2012
• OLTL Fee Schedule Rates-Regions
OLTL MA Rate Notices
• August 24, 2019 (OBRA Rates)
• November 30, 2019 (ACT 150 Rates)
• Nov. 19, 2016 (Employment Rates)
• Jan. 1, 2016 Rate Notice (Overtime)
• Oct. 28, 2015 Rate Notice (Waiver Changes)
• Sept. 13, 2014 Rate Notices (Service Coordination)
• Sept. 13, 2014 Rate Notices (PAS Consumer-Directed)
• Sept. 13, 2014 Rate Notices (PAS Agency)
• Jan. 26, 2013 Rate Notice (Service Coordination)
• Jan. 26, 2013 Rate Notice (Enrollment)
• July 14, 2012 Service Coordination • Rate Notice
• June 30, 2012 Aging Waiver Enrollment
• Fee Rate Notice June 9, 2012 Rate Notice.