Onboarding Grant Recipients
The eHealth Partnership Program awarded onboarding grants to help connect inpatient hospitals/facilities, outpatient practices/providers, and other eligible providers to the Pennsylvania Patient & Provider Network, or P3N. The grant program was made available to Pennsylvania HIOs to enable the connection of inpatient hospitals/facilities, and outpatient practices/providers participating in the Medicaid Electronic Health Records (EHR) Incentive Program.
The onboarding grant serves several important purposes:
- Help providers deliver higher quality and more efficient care, particularly through better care coordination for patients covered by Medicaid
- Support provider participation in private-sector HIOs by offsetting connection costs
- Incentivize HIOs to join the P3N, a precondition for receiving funding
- Support rapid movement toward the participation in eHIE and support various care reform efforts currently underway across the commonwealth
- Defray up-front costs for individual providers to join an HIO, thus helping to achieve meaningful use and satisfy obligations under the Medicaid EHR Incentive Program