- The American Recovery and Reinvestment Act provides over $19 billion in funding to promote the adoption of certified electronic health records.
- The Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services is a federal agency under the Department of Health and Human Services whose mission is to ensure effective, up-to-date health care coverage and to promote quality care for beneficiaries of the Medical Assistance programs. CMS is promoting Health IT initiatives as part of its goal to promote a transformed and modernized health care system in the United States. The CMS also has its own listserv for the Promoting Interoperability Program which you can sign up for here.
- The Office of the National Coordinator for Health Information Technology is the principal Federal entity charged with coordination of nationwide efforts to implement and use the most advanced health information technology and the electronic exchange of health information. The position of National Coordinator was created in 2004, through an Executive Order, and legislatively mandated in the Health Information Technology for Economic and Clinical Health Act (HITECH Act) of 2009. If you would like to subscribe to their email updates click here.
- Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality (AHRQ) National Resource Center for HIT - AHRQ’s Digital Healthcare Research Program's mission is to produce and disseminate evidence about how the evolving digital healthcare ecosystem can best advance the quality, safety, and effectiveness of healthcare for patients and their families. To fulfill its mission, AHRQ’s Digital Healthcare Research Program has invested in research grants and contracts awarded to over 289 distinct institutions in 48 States, the District of Columbia, and Puerto Rico.
- U.S Department of Health and Human Services - The mission of the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is to enhance the health and well-being of all Americans, by providing for effective health and human services and by fostering sound, sustained advances in the sciences underlying medicine, public health, and social services.
- Healthcare Strategies Podcast - A podcast for healthcare professionals seeking solutions to today's and tomorrow's top challenges. Hosted by the editors of Xtelligent Healthcare Media, this podcast series focuses on real-world use cases that are leading to tangible improvements in care quality, outcomes, and cost. Guests from leading provider, payer, government, and other organizations share their approaches to transforming healthcare in a meaningful and lasting way. Subscribe on iTunes and Spotify.
- EHR Intelligence - The editors of EHRIntelligence, part of the Xtelligent Healthcare Media network, connect with subject-matter experts in the field to share best practices for streamlining implementation, improving usability, and enabling the technology to improve outcomes.
- Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Inc. (HIMSS) - Healthcare Information and Management Systems Society, Inc. (HIMSS) is a global advisor and thought leader supporting the transformation of the health ecosystem through information and technology. As a mission-driven non-profit, HIMSS offers a unique depth and breadth of expertise in health innovation, public policy, workforce development, research, and analytics to advise global leaders, stakeholders, and influencers on best practices in health information and technology. Through our innovation engine, HIMSS delivers key insights, education, and engaging events to healthcare providers, governments, and market suppliers, ensuring they have the right information at the point of decision.