Bulletins, News and Announcements
Learn What's New in OMAP, the Office of Medical Assistance Programs.
If you are having difficulty finding the information you need, please Contact DHS.
Local-to-National Crosswalk-Related Bulletins
This listing includes the effort over the past year to move local codes to national codes as pertinent to HIPAA compliance. Please note:
- The crosswalks attached to the bulletin list the local codes that were crosswalked to a national code.
- Local codes that were end-dated with no crosswalk to a national code may also be listed in the Medical Assistance bulletin and/or public notice.
- The effective date noted on this listing indicates the DATE OF SERVICE for which the national codes would be submitted for claims purposes. For dates of service prior to the effective date, the local codes would still be used to submit the claims. If prior authorizations were issued for services that listed the local codes, the services should continue to be submitted using the local codes.
- Since the codes were grouped into related services sets, a provider may need to search through several bulletins and attachments to find the sets that contain services related to their practice. For example, Healthy Beginnings Plus relates to multiple providers including Certified Registered Nurse Practitioners (CRNP) as well as a separate Bulletin related to other CRNP services.
|Code Set||Effective Date||Bulletin|
|Anesthesia||July 1, 2004||31-04-06|
|Anesthesia||July 1, 2004||31-04-07|
|Ambulance||November 1, 2004||26-04-02|
|Updates to the Ambulance MAB 26-04-02||February 20, 2007||26-07-01|
|Behavioral Health||October 1, 2005||08-05-05 et.al|
|Healthy Beginnings Plus||October 1, 2005||01-05-03 et.al|
|Home Health||October 1, 2005||05-05-01|
|FQHC/RHC||November 1, 2005||08-05-11|
|Revision to FQHC/RHC Crosswalk||April 1, 2007||08-07-03|
|Family Planning||November 1, 2005||08-05-09|
|Case Management||November 1, 2005||21-05-03|
|Laboratory||December 1, 2005||01-05-06 et.al|
|Medical Foster Care||November 1, 2005||40-05-01|
|Renal Dialysis Centers||November 1, 2005||30-05-03|
|Provider Mileage||December 1, 2005||31-05-16 et.al|
|Durable Medical Equipment and Medical Supplies||December 12, 2005||05-05-04 et. al|
|Medical Supplier / Hearing Aid Dispenser – PS 220||March 1, 2007||01-07-03|
|Addition of Orthotic/Prosthetic and Medical Supplies to MA fee schedule||December 12, 2005||25-05-03 et.al|
|Chiropractors||January 1, 2006||15-05-02|
|Occupational Therapy||January 1, 2006||17-05-02|
|Physicians||February 1, 2006||31-06-05|
|Midwives||February 1, 2006||33-06-01|
|CRNP's||February 1, 2006||09-06-03|
|Podiatrists||February 1, 2006||14-06-04|
|Birthing Centers||March 1, 2006||47-06-01|
|General Hospitals||July 17, 2006||01-06-05|
|Independent Med/Surg Clinics||March 1, 2006||08-06-03|
|Rehabilitation Hospitals/Units||July 17, 2006||01-06-06|
|Early Intervention||July 1, 2006||00-06-04OCD|
|Hospice||February 1, 2006||06-06-01 et.al|
|Orthodontia||January 1, 2006||27-06-03 et.al|
|Cleft Palate||January 1, 2006||27-06-03|
|2004 HCPCS||February 7, 2005||99-05-04|
|Corrections to 2004 HCPCS MAB 99-05-04||February 7, 2005||99-05-10|
|2005 HCPCS||October 1, 2005||99-05-15|
|Corrections to 2005 HCPCS MAB 99-05-15||March 1, 2006||99-06-02|
|Hearing Aid Dispenser-220 Specialty Requirements||March 1, 2007||01-07-03 et. al|
|Hearing Aid Supply Services||March 1, 2007||01-07-02 et. al|
|Vision Services||March 1, 2010||18-10-02 et. al|
- No related topics were found.