Assisted Living Residence Licensing
The following forms below are offered in PDF format; all forms will eventually be made fill-in enabled. If a Word version of any form is needed, please contact the Department's Operator Support Hotline at: 1-866-503-3926 or email the BHSL Headquarters Office at: email@example.com.
Regulations and Interpretations
Interpretations - Questions/Answers
The clarifications and interpretations below will remain on the Department's web site until the information is included in the next updated Regulatory Compliance Guide (RCG).
Direct Care Staff Person Training Course and Competency Test:
All direct care staff persons, who will provide unsupervised Activities of Daily Living (ADL) services must successfully complete the course and pass the competency test in accordance with 55 Pa.Code § 2800.65(g)(2) and (g)(3) (relating to direct care staff person training and orientation). The course/test MUST be completed prior to direct care staff persons providing unsupervised ADL services.
Please be aware that the Department does not maintain a database of individuals who complete the course/test. Therefore, please ensure that you print out your certificate of completion before logging off, as only proof provided regarding completion of the course/test.
Please also note that each individual taking the course/test must successfully log out of the course/test before another individual logs in to take the course/test. A certificate of completion will not print properly and/or be accurate if this is not done.
• Direct Care Staff Person Training Course and Competency Test
Training for Trainers of Assisted Living Residence Administrators:
To become a Department of Human Services-approved training institution:
• The completed application, including all necessary attachments, must be submitted to the department for review and approval. For application materials, see Appendix A within the Bureau of Human Services Licensing Policies and Procedures manual.
• The training institution must receive a letter of approval from the department prior to offering the course of study.
• Complete the Train-the-Trainer Course/Test
• Bureau of Human Services Licensing Policies and Procedures