DHS COVID-19 PROVIDER GUIDANCE // OLTL
Electronic Visit Verification (EVV) Implementation Timeline Update
Issued: April 8, 2020
Due to efforts related to COVID-19, we understand that everyone is struggling to deal
with the current situation and issues presented at this time. Last month, we announced
that we will be delaying the deadline for the full implementation of Electronic Visit
Verification (EVV) for personal care services (PCS) until October 1, 2020. While no
claims will be denied because of EVV until October 1, 2020, providers should still use
best efforts to continue to use EVV at this time. DHS will use EVV data to help ensure
that individuals continue to receive services.
Updated 2020 EVV Implementation Timeline:
- January 1, 2020: All Providers must begin using EVV for PCS.
- Error Status Codes (ESCs) are in effect for claims submitted through
PROMISe for services subjected to EVV.
- Providers should review the ESCs to identify whether claims are
supported by EVV visits in the DHS Aggregator. These ESCs will
assist providers in understanding when claims would deny beginning
October 1, 2020.
- Additional information on ESCs can be found on the DHS EVV
website and were also sent out via Listserv communications.
- June 1, 2020: All Providers must complete the EVV compliance audit survey which
may be found here: https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/WVBZHZN
- July 1, 2020: All Providers using Alternate EVV must begin the certification
process no later than this date.
- Providers using Alternate EVV who have not already reached out to
begin this process must contact Sandata Alternate EVV support team
by phone at 1-855-705-2407 or by email at
PAAltEVV@sandata.com. This process began in August 2019 so if
your agency is currently in the certification process, or previously
completed certification, no action needs to be taken.
- The Alternate EVV process takes approximately 4-6 weeks for
completion. The attached Quick Reference Guide from Sandata
outlines the Alternate EVV process and the required actions for
Providers, Alternate EVV vendors, and Sandata throughout the eightstep process.
- Starting October 1, 2020: PCS claims submitted without a matching EVV visit will
Thank you for your efforts and cooperation during this time. For any questions related to
EVV, please email the EVV resource account at RA-PWEVVNOTICE@pa.gov
Find more information at the DHS EVV website.
All DHS communications related to COVID-19 can be accessed here.