Dennis Marion Impact Award
Dennis served as Deputy Secretary for Pennsylvania's Department of Human Services' Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services from 2013 to 2017. Prior to his state employment, Dennis served Cumberland County, Pennsylvania for 31 years in various positions, such as County Administrator, Director of the Drug and Alcohol Commission, and Director of the Office of Mental Health and Intellectual Disabilities. Just like Dennis Marion, whose strong leadership, passion for public service and commitment to the people he served did not stop at the boundaries of his work in any single county or agency, this award recognizes strong performers who bridge disparate missions and drive towards a single goal of excellence in public service.
About the Award
The Dennis Marion Impact Award was established in 2017 in honor of Dennis Marion's commitment to public service throughout his distinguished career, which spanned over three decades. This award recognizes local and state government employees whose initiatives, processes, and projects have led to significant improvements in Pennsylvania's behavioral health service delivery system.
- Be current state and/or local government employees in Pennsylvania.
- Have made outstanding contributions to Pennsylvania's behavioral health service delivery system.
- Pennsylvania Department of Human Services — Office of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services
- Mental Health Association in Pennsylvania
- Pennsylvania Association of County MH/DS Administrators
- Rehabilitation and Community Providers Association
- Pennsylvania Association of County Drug and Alcohol Administrators
- Pennsylvania Mental Health Consumers' Association
Questions regarding the Dennis Marion Impact Award may be directed to Dwaneen Hicks.