The OBRA Waiver is a Home and Community Based Waiver program that may help you if you have a developmental physical disability to allow you to live in the community and remain as independent as possible.
To be eligible, you must be:
- A resident of Pennsylvania.
- Age 18-59. Age 18-59 individuals who are currently in the waiver prior to 7/1/2006 will age in place. Individuals age 60 and older will be referred to the Aging Waiver.
- Have a severe developmental physical disability requiring an Intermediate Care Facility/Other Related Conditions (ICF/ORC) level of care.
- The disability must result in substantial functional limitations in three or more of the following major life activities:
- Self-care, communication, learning, mobility, self-direction and capacity for independent living.
- Meet the financial requirements as determined by your local County Assistance Office.
Other related conditions (ORCs) include physical, sensory, or neurological disabilities which manifested before age 22 and are likely to continue indefinitely.
Services available to you may include:
- Adult Daily Living
- Employment Skills Development
- Job Coaching (Intensive and Extended Follow-along)
- Personal Assistance Services
- Residential Habilitation Services
- Service Coordination
- Structured Day Habilitation Services
- Behavior Therapy Services
- Nursing Services
- Occupational Therapy Services
- Physical Therapy Services
- Specialized Medical Equipment and Supplies
- Speech and Language Therapy Services
- Community Integration
- Community Transition Services
- Counseling Services
- Home Adaptations
- Job Finding
- Non-Medical Transportation
- Nutritional Consultation
- Personal Emergency Response System
- Prevocational Services
- Supported Employment
- Vehicle Modifications
For Information: Office of Long-Term Living Bureau of Fee for Service Programs (717) 787-8091
Enrollment: PA Independent Enrollment Broker 1-877-550-4227