Requirements for clearances:
For more information, visit Keep Kids Safe.
ELECTRONIC SUBMISSION - Online Child Abuse History Clearance
Creating an account and submitting your clearance application online will give you immediate access to your results or the status of your results if your results cannot be processed immediately.
Organizations who want to set up business accounts must first register for a Business Partner User account using the “Organization Account Access” link on the Child Welfare Portal. Organization accounts will allow businesses and organizations to purchase child abuse history clearance payment codes and distribute those codes to applicants. When an applicant uses a code given to them by an organization, the organization will have access to the applicant’s child abuse history clearance results once those results are processed.
Paper submissions of the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance application will still be accepted for anyone who may not have access to the internet. Submit paper applications to:
ChildLine and Abuse Registry
Pennsylvania Department of Human Services
PO Box 8170
Harrisburg, PA 17105-8170
NOTE: ALL information that has been entered directly onto the application will be lost if you close the application prior to printing it (if your computer does not have a licensed version of the Acrobat Adobe software).
Once the application is received in the ChildLine and Abuse Registry’s Verification Unit, the results of the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance will be mailed to the applicant’s address that was noted on the application within 14 days from the date that the application is received in the ChildLine Verification Unit.
An applicant can request that a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Certification result be mailed to an organization by completing a Consent Release of Information Authorization Form. Both the applicant and organization must sign the form and the form must be attached to a paper Child Abuse History Certification application submitted via mail in order for the results to be released to the organization. Older versions of the Consent Release Form without a signature line for the organization will not be accepted and the certification result will be returned directly to the applicant, not the organization.
NOTE: Results cannot be sent to someone other than the applicant if applying for a Child Abuse History Certification electronically via the online link above. If an organization pays the application fee, they will have the ability to access an applicant’s results online if they set up a business account and provide the pre-paid code to the applicant.
For questions related to the Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance, please contact the ChildLine Verification Unit at 717-783-6211 or toll free at 1-877-371-5422.
There are two methods of requesting a Criminal Record.
Applicants can also go to the Pennsylvania Access To Criminal History website and apply for their criminal record check online with the Pennsylvania State Police.
If you have questions about the Pennsylvania State Police Request for Criminal Record Checks form for employment (SP4 164) or to volunteer (SP4-164A), please call: (717) 783-9973 or toll free 1-888-783-7972.
*IMPORTANT INFORMATION: The Commonwealth has transitioned to a new FBI Criminal Background Checks vendor, IDEMIA (also referred to as IdentoGo and MorphoTrust).
The Pennsylvania Department of Human Services utilizes IDEMIA to process fingerprint-based FBI criminal background checks. The fingerprint-based background check is a multi-step process. For general questions about FBI clearances, please contact the FBI Background Check Unit at 717-783-6211 or 1-877-371-5422. For IDEMIA registration, processing, or billing questions, please contact IDEMIA/IdentoGo at 1-844-321-2101.
Department of Education
The Pennsylvania Department of Education also utilizes IDEMIA to process fingerprint based FBI criminal background checks for prospective employees of public and private schools. Under Act 114 of 2006, ALL prospective school employees, school contractors and student teachers are to use the Pennsylvania Department of Education system. This includes but is not limited to: Teachers, School Administrators, Substitute Teachers, Teaching Assistants, PIAA Sports Officials, School Bus Drivers, and Student Teachers. For more information regarding Act 114, and background check requirements for public schools, private schools and student teachers go to the Pennsylvania Department of Education website or email the Pennsylvania Department of Education.
• Appointments to be fingerprinted are not required, but pre‐registration is required either online or by phone. To register online, please go to www.Identogo.com; by telephone please call 1-844-321-2101 and listen to the options menu.
• When you or your employee or volunteer register, the employer will have to provide a service code. Please refer to the Service Code table below. The employer shall review the service codes below to determine which code best suites the volunteer or employee. Once determined, provide this code to the volunteer or employee so they may register. Please note the “DHS volunteer” service code would include all volunteer services. It is titled “DHS” because it is a DHS, Child Protective Services Law requirement.
• Once registered, you may walk‐in during a location’s posted hours of operation, but scheduling an appointment may lead to lesser/no wait times. In order to pre-register for a FBI background check and/or find a fingerprinting location, applicants should access the IDEMIA website. It is strongly encouraged that the employee or volunteer contact the site prior to going there as the information on the IDEMIA website may differ from actual hours of operation.
Below are the service codes available for applicants applying under the DHS:
|Service Code||Applicant Type|
|1KG72V||Prospective Adoptive Parent|
|1KG738||Child Care Services/Program Employee or Contractor|
|1KG74S||Family Child Care Home Provider|
|1KG756||Employee >=14 Years Contact w/ Children|
|1KG76Q||Individual >=18 Years in Foster Home|
|1KG774||Individual >=18 Years in Prospective Adoptive Home|
|1KG78K||Individual >=18 Years in Licensed Child Care Home|
|1KG8TG||Individual >=18 Years in Family Living, Community, or Host Home|
Employees or volunteers are required to pay for fingerprinting at the time of service. If an employer is paying, an authorization code must be provided; otherwise the employee or volunteer will be required to pay out of pocket. If an employer wishes to set up a payment agreement with IDEMIA/IdentoGo/Morphotrust, please scroll down to the end of the page titled, “IDEMIA Payment Option” for more information.
If you are an organization or agency accessing this site to inquire about remaining or becoming a Commonwealth affiliate fingerprinting site, or questions surrounding equipment, please note the following important information:
If you would like your location to remain a Commonwealth affiliated fingerprinting site or become a fingerprint site please visit www.identogo.com/partners
• At the bottom of that page is a link to their Partner Inquiry Form
• Express interest by providing IDEMIA with your business’ information. Your inquiry will go to their partner team for follow up. Public and private agreements considered.
• If there is no need in your specific area, you will receive an email letting you know IDEMIA will hold onto your information until a need arises.
• IDEMIA has a process in place for approving locations and equipment. For more information, visit www.identogo.com or call 844-321-2101.
IDEMIA Payment Option - No Charge Authorization Code (NCAC)
• IDEMIA also offers employers the option to pay for services using a No Charge Authorization Code (NCAC) which is backed by a credit card provided during the account setup. To use this method for payment, the employer must complete and submit the IDEMIA NCAC Agreement which will be available on the IDEMIA website at www.identogo.com/locations/pennsylvania. The account must be established prior to sending applicants to the fingerprint site.
• If you have additional questions, please contact IDEMIA by phone, toll free at (844) 321-2101.
• If you registered with Cogent, but have not been fingerprinted, you will receive a refund from Cogent. For more information on your refund, you can call 1-888-439-2486. Press #2 during the menu options, and you will be connected to a service desk.
• If you registered and were fingerprinted with Cogent, but need reprinted after November 27, 2017 you will be contacted by IDEMIA and will be issued a payment coupon, which will be valid for 90 days. If your fingerprints were rejected by Cogent, and you are not contacted by IDEMIA for a payment coupon, contact IDEMIA by phone, toll free at (844) 321‐2101. Once IDEMIA verifies your reprint is necessary, a payment waiver/coupon code will be provided to you.