Assessment Basis for Fiscal Year 2005-2006
Fiscal Year 2005-2006:
Nursing facilities will be exempt from payment of the assessment if they fall into any of the following categories:
- Government owned and operated nursing facilities.
- Veterans Administration nursing facilities
- Nursing facilities that have not been licensed and operated by the current or previous owner for the full calendar quarter prior to the calendar quarter for which an assessment is collected.
- Nursing facilities that provide nursing facility services free of charge to all residents.
As in the first 2 years of the Assessment Program, nonexempt nursing facilities will continue to be assessed on a quarterly basis during FY 2005-2006 based on the number of licensed beds in the facility, the nursing facility's CCRC status and the number of non-Medicare resident days during each calendar quarter immediately preceding the assessment quarter. During FY 2005-2006, the assessment rates for nonexempt facilities will be as follows:
- The assessment rate for nonexempt nursing facilities that participate within a licensed CCRC or that have 50 licensed beds or less will be increased by $.04 to $1.54 per non-Medicare resident day.
- The assessment rate for all other nonexempt nursing facilities will be increased by $.04 to $15.95 per non-Medicare resident day.