Assessment Basis for Fiscal Years 2003-2004 and 2004-2005
Fiscal Years 2003-2004 and 2004-2005:
Pennsylvania Nursing Facility Assessment - Assesment Basis Fiscal Years 2003-2004 and 2004-2005:
Nursing facilities will be exempt from payment of the assessment if they fall into any of the following categories:
- Government owned and operated nursing facilities.
- Veterans Administration nursing facilities.
- Nursing facilities that have not been licensed and operated by the current or previous owner for the full calendar quarter prior to the calendar quarter for which an assessment is collected.
All other licensed nursing facilities will be assessed by the Department every quarter of the fiscal year. The assessment rate for a non-exempt nursing facility for each quarter of the calendar year will be determined as follows:
- If the non-exempt facility participates within a licensed Continuing Care Retirement Community or has 50 licensed beds or less, it will be assessed at $1.50 per non-Medicare resident day in the calendar quarter preceding the assessment quarter.
- All other non-exempt nursing facilities will be assessed at $15.91 per non-Medicare resident day in the calendar quarter preceding the assessment quarter.