Human Services Development Fund
The Human Services Development Fund provides funding for a variety of county programs. If you, or someone you know has a low income, has problems because of age, a mental, physical or emotional disability, or an addiction problem, please contact your HSDF County Contacts to get more information. Listed below are the most common type of services, but many more may be available depending on the county in which you live.
- Adult Day Care Service provides social and recreational activities for individuals needing help with the tasks of everyday living such as feeding themselves or grooming. This service also provides temporary relief for a primary caregiver.
- Chore Service provides home-maintenance help to an individual so they can stay in their home. Chore tasks include handrail installation, emergency debris removal, and painting to prevent structural deterioration.
- Counseling Service helps individuals or families improve how they solve problems and communicate. Counseling helps people cope with problems associated with death, marriage, or work.
- Employment Service helps people get ready for, find, and keep jobs. This service can provide the testing, training, or help with work habits needed to be successful on a job.
- Home Delivered Meals Service provides a hot meal for someone not able to provide one for themselves and has no one to provide one for them.
- Homemaker Service is for someone needing help with personal care, meal preparation, and light housekeeping so they can remain in their own home. This service also provides temporary relief for a primary caregiver.
- Housing helps individuals find and keep adequate housing for themselves and their families. This service helps people with utility company, landlord/landlady and moving cost problems.
- Life Skills Education Service teaches individuals to make good decisions for themselves or their families. This service provides instruction on topics such as parenting, budgeting, and meal planning.
- Protective Service is an emergency service. It provides financial, legal, temporary shelter or other needs for an individual or family in a dangerous situation.
- Service Planning / Case Management Service finds programs or other help for families or individuals to resolve difficult situations.
- Transportation Service transports individuals who have no one to transport them and cannot use available transportation
If you cannot find the information you need, please Contact DHS