State Hospital System Values
The State Hospital system places a high value upon:
- The quality of life and inherent worth of the individual.
- Facilitating hope, healing and recovery.
- Being responsive to each individual’s recovery needs.
- The individual’s need and capacity to be independent.
- Confidentiality, dignity and personal integrity for individuals.
- Being sensitive and responsive to culture, race, ethnic, religious, gender and sexual orientation differences.
- Ensuring individual human rights free from discrimination and stigma.
- The individual’s capacity to grow, thrive and achieve.
- Designing comprehensive treatment programs for and with individuals.
- Focusing on relapse prevention and early intervention.
- Creating an atmosphere of mutual respect and trust and a safety partnership.
- Cooperation with our community providers to promote and sustain recovery.
- The presence of an empathetic, hopeful, continuous treatment relationship.
- An environment that supports recovery and personal needs.
- Implementing evidence and promise-based practices to provide quality services.