Contact the Bureau of Autism Services
Thank you for your interest in contacting the Bureau of Autism Services. Please note that this form cannot be used to request an application for the Adult Autism Waiver (AAW) or the Adult Community Autism Program (ACAP).
There are two ways to request an application for Pennsylvania’s adult autism programs: by phone, or online. Applications may not be requested via email or through this website.
To request an application by phone:
Call 1-866-539-7689 (toll free number) and follow the prompts to select the Adult Autism Waiver or the Adult Community Autism Program. Leave a message with the following information:
To request an application online:
- Name of person who wishes to apply
- Telephone number
- County of Residence
- If you are calling on the behalf of the person who wishes to apply also leave your name and daytime phone number.
Visit the Information Referral Tool (IRT):http://www.dhs.pa.gov/irt
Requesting Autism Resources & Training
- The IRT asks a few basic questions and will link individuals who indicate an interest in Autism Services to the COMPASS website.
- Once connected to COMPASS, select “Submit a Referral.”
- After answering some additional questions, the referral is submitted electronically to the Bureau of Autism Services.
If you are a newly diagnosed family; are looking for transition resources; or want to get connected to a support group in your region, the ASERT Resource Center can help. They offer a wide variety of resources and trainings for individuals with autism across the lifespan, their families, and the professionals who support them, including information about the BAS adult autism programs.
Connect with ASERT’s Statewide Resource Center by visiting PAautism.org
, calling toll-free in PA: 877-231-4244 or via email:info@PAautism.org